Showing times for Asia/Yangon Not your timezone?
- Who: Atlanta Elixir Meetup
- When: Thu, August 11, 2022 5:30 AM
- Where: https://www.meetup.com/atlantaelixir/events/284523141
This meetup centers around the Elixir programming language and is for anyone interested in discussing Elixir and related topics. It takes a broad approach, welcoming discussion and talks on Elixir, Erlang, Phoenix Framework, as well as other community packages and projects.
Please let us know if you have an interest in presenting.
Philly Elixir Monthly Online Meetup
- Who: Philly Elixir
- When: Thu, August 11, 2022 5:30 AM
- Where: https://www.meetup.com/phillyelixir/events/287065499
Our monthly online meetings provide a casual and welcoming environment for people of all Elixir skill levels.
Round the Room Introductions Say hello and share recent Elixir wins, questions, requests for help.
Group News and Photo Meta info on group events and projects.
Elixir Industry News A collection of impactful stories from around the community.
Talks / Show and Tell Presentations and discussions led by fellow members.
This month’s talks are to be announced. If you have something to share, let Mike know.
While we encourage people to participate in our meetings with video cameras on to help provide a more rich experience, we also are happy to host people who would prefer to keep their cameras off.
- Who: Boulder Elixir and Rust
- When: Thu, August 11, 2022 6:30 AM
- Where: https://www.meetup.com/boulder-elixir-rust/events/287338067
Roundtable discussion followed by brief Q&A. Please leave a comment if you would like to talk (or ask) about a specific topic.
Podcasting on Elixir for the better half of a decade
- Who: Erlang & Elixir SF
- When: Tue, August 16, 2022 7:30 AM
- Where: https://www.meetup.com/erlangelixirsf/events/287583499
Hi all, we’re back with another virtual event with an incredible talk by Jerod Santo titled “Podcasting on Elixir for the better half of a decade”. Jerod is the Managing Editor of Changelog, where he makes podcasts and other cool stuff for developers!
Elixir and Phoenix have been powering Changelog’s open source news & podcasting platform since 2015. In this talk, Jerod will share Changelog’s journey from there to here, answering these questions along the way: Why build a custom platform? Why pick Elixir for this use? Where does it shine? Where does it not? Which parts of Phoenix are we leveraging? Which parts are we not? What would we do differently if we were starting over today? And more…
The Zoom will open at 6:00pm PST and we’ll give some time for people to trickle in and begin the talk shortly after. See ya there!
Online Project Night/Show and Tell
- Who: Triangle |> Elixir
- When: Wed, August 17, 2022 5:30 AM
- Where: https://www.meetup.com/triangle-elixir/events/287457944
Just because we are sheltering in place, doesn’t mean you can’t spend time with other Alchemists!
Project Night is a free-form event where you can meet, socialize, and collaborate on projects with other members! Alchemists of all levels are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Have you worked on something interesting that you want to show off? Have a problem you’ve been stumped with? Bring them to the group!
We are also open to suggestions for other formats and are exploring ideas like:
- Open source code reading - read popular open source project and learn how they work
- Mob programming - work on some code together; this can be for an open-source project or something you’re working on
Elixir Sydney (Elixir Australia)
- Who: Elixir Sydney
- When: Wed, August 17, 2022 2:30 PM
- Where: https://www.meetup.com/elixir-sydney/events/286230558
Elixir Sydney is currently operating meetups online as Elixir Australia, your one-stop online meetup for all things Elixir in the land down under!
This month we’ll have 2 talks which preview talks which will be given at ElixirConf US:
Building a HEEX components library - Matt Platts
Wordle: Elixir Flavour - Theo Harris
Github repo issues page is where we’d love you to submit a talk of your own to teach us all about what you’ve been doing with Elixir! Submit an issue, and one of the organisers will get you scheduled for the next meetup.
Beginners are more than welcome to participate, and this a great chance to get started and get help from more experienced Elixir developers.
A Zoom link to the meetup is provided closer to the date of each individual meetup, so keep an eye out on specific meetup pages for when it drops.
Hope to see you at the next meetup!
The Elixir Australia team
Follow us on Twitter at @ElixirSydney!
Watch our talks on the Elixir Australia YouTube channel!
You can also get a sneak peak of which talks are likely coming up there, too!
Elixir Australia Meetup
- Who: Elixir Melbourne
- When: Wed, August 17, 2022 3:30 PM
- Where: https://www.meetup.com/elixir-melbourne/events/287465969
Elixir Australia monthly meetup where we go over Elixir ecosystem news, listen to great talks, and socialise with other Elixir developers of all levels.
Run in conjunction with Elixir Sydney https://www.meetup.com/elixir-sydney/
Talk about and Hack on Elixir code. Demo side projects
- Who: Cincinnati Elixir Meetup
- When: Wed, September 07, 2022 4:30 AM
- Where: https://www.meetup.com/cincinnati-elixir-meetup/events/gtsbqsydcmbjb
Come join us as we continue to Learn and build with Elixir, Erlang, OTP and The Phoenix Framework.
Made by Rowland Carlson