Showing times for Etc/GMT-1 Not your timezone?
Let's talk Erlang and Elixir
- Who: Denver Erlang and Elixir
- When: Tue, December 05, 2023 2:00 AM
- Where: https://www.meetup.com/denver-erlang-elixir/events/297505507
Speaker: Jason Stiebs
Talk: Elixir Makes It Easy
This event is fully remote, see the Zoom link to join.
6pm - 6:30pm, Group introductions 6:30pm - 7:00pm, Speaker talk 7:00pm - 8:00pm, Socializing
The talk will be uploaded to the Paraxial.io Youtube channel, please subscribe - https://www.youtube.com/@paraxial5874/
Hope to see you there!
Talk about and Hack on Elixir code. Demo side projects
- Who: Cincinnati Elixir Meetup
- When: Wed, December 06, 2023 12:00 AM
- Where: https://www.meetup.com/cincinnati-elixir-meetup/events/297362949
Come join us as we continue to Learn and build with Elixir, Erlang, OTP and The Phoenix Framework.
Ohio Elixir Monthly Meetup
- Who: Columbus Elixir
- When: Wed, December 06, 2023 12:00 AM
- Where: https://www.meetup.com/meetup-group-ihsstvcb/events/293352401
Ohio Elixir is a community group comprised of anyone and everyone interested in the Elixir ecosystem. We host monthly meetings where guest speakers present Elixir-related content, as well as occasional show and tell nights where anyone can talk about what they’ve been working on or ask questions.
At this time we are a fully remote organization which gives us the unique opportunity to open our virtual doors to folks outside of Ohio!
Join us this month for a show-and-tell style event where you can hear about what other people are working on or share something that interests you! The event will kick off at 6:00 PM EDT but feel free to join early and chat with others.
Special Event - José Valim live and in person!
- Who: Elixir Sydney
- When: Wed, December 06, 2023 8:00 AM
- Where: https://www.meetup.com/elixir-sydney/events/297411848
We’re delighted to announce that José Valim will be joining us at the December meetup in person.
Places are limited, so please respond ASAP if you’re up for mingling with some fellow Alchemists and José on Wednesday 6th December.
Q&A with José Valim
José Valim will host an informal Q&A session. Topics that we might cover include:
- Nx and Machine Learning
- Typed Elixir
- Any other topic you’d like to hear from José on
Hot-Code Upgrades with Castle Nick Gunn
Hot-code upgrades have been one of the more compelling but underused features of the BEAM. In this talk, Nick will take us on a deep dive into hot-code upgrades, how they work and why the Castle library helps.
See you there!
Happy Coding, Josh and Mike
Follow us on Twitter at @ElixirSydney!
Watch our talks on the Elixir Australia YouTube channel!
Brujo Benavides on 'The Unsung Benefits of the Erlang Ecosystem'
- Who: Functional Programming Meetup Group The Functional Lab
- When: Tue, December 12, 2023 7:00 PM
- Where: https://www.meetup.com/functional-programming-meetup-group-the-functional-lab/events/297043792
The Unsung Benefits of the Erlang Ecosystem - Brujo Benavides
We all know soft real-time and how easy it is to build distributed and scalable systems on the Erlang VM. We’ve also heard about hot code-updates. Those are the most popular benefits of using a language from the Erlang Ecosystem to build your systems. But they are not the only ones, far from that! In this talk, Brujo will show you what other great and unique things this ecosystem has to offer.
Discover everything that Erlang, Elixir, Gleam and others can offer to you as a professional and/or to your business as a whole.
If, by the end of the talk, you’re not fully convinced to join the Erlang Ecosystem Foundation… we’ll give you your money back! (joking-this is a free event)
- Who: Atlanta Elixir Meetup
- When: Thu, December 14, 2023 1:00 AM
- Where: https://www.meetup.com/atlantaelixir/events/297407001
This month we’ll continue with the BYO Topic format. If you have something you’d like to talk about, you can either message me in advance, or simply bring it up once we get started.
This meetup centers around the Elixir programming language and is for anyone interested in discussing Elixir and related topics. It takes a broad approach, welcoming discussion and talks on Elixir, Erlang, Phoenix Framework, as well as other community packages and projects.
Please let us know if you have an interest in presenting.
Boulder Elixir Meetup
- Who: Boulder Elixir
- When: Thu, December 14, 2023 2:00 AM
- Where: https://www.meetup.com/boulder-elixir/events/297286329
Roundtable discussion followed by brief Q&A. Please leave a comment if you would like to talk (or ask) about a specific topic.
Nerves Online Meetup
- Who: Nerves
- When: Thu, December 28, 2023 3:00 AM
- Where: https://www.meetup.com/nerves/events/290189610
Time to hang out, chat about Nerves, discuss projects you’re working on, and get help.
Would you like to give a presentation at this event? Contact Alex with your topic to get on the schedule!
Download the Zoom client or browser extension before the event at: https://zoom.us/download
The Nerves Project defines a new way to build embedded systems using Elixir.